Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Let Her Have Cake

A Sample for the Client
Okay, so I didn't actually throw cake at anyone to let her "have it", but I was approached in the first week of launching Tiffany's in CT to prepare a 21st birthday cake.  Of course you can imagine my excitement at that prospect.  Yes, it will be quite a bit of work, but I'm sure I'm up to the challenge.  In preparation for the big event, even though it is only at the end of December, I decided to prepare a sample cake for the client to see if she would be happy with what I would be able to deliver.

The Home Cake and the Sample
Naturally, as I've never used my own recipes for multi tier cakes, I had to test and see what amount of batter I would need for my pans.  The balance of the batter I then proceeded to use for the bigger of the two pans.  It came out a little flatter than I thought, but at least now I know what amount of batter I will need come December.

Even though the big cake didn't come out as high as I hoped it would, the taste was still amazing, and the client was also quite happy with the sample cake I delivered.  My biggest concern when I began this cake was if I'd still be able to ice a cake like I used to seven years ago when I was still working professionally as a chef.  Clearly, I needn't have worried about that.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go take a bite out of my slice of cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment