Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 October 2017

A Golden 21st


I have never been modest over my brownies.  Honestly, anyone that has tasted them will understand why not.  They are moist, fudgey and oh so chocolatey.  So of course, when it was Husband's cousin's 21st birthday on Saturday, I decided on point 99 that I would like to take something with.  Froggie didn't even think to ask me to bake a cake (but I can forgive her as she only though about it too late and didn't want to inconvenience me by rushing me for one), so I decided to do a platter of brownie fingers with chocolate ganache.

Since it is the middle of the month, and I had a good amount of stock, I decided to take 10 brownies, slice each in three, stack them lavishly and cover them in ganache.  Typical of my style, I couldn't leave it at that, as it was too boring for a 21st, so the gold dust went with.  When Froggie saw the finished platter she nearly swooned, and the first thing she asked was:  "Why so lavish?"  I think I gave her a blank look and asked "What's lavish about it?"  I never do anything plain, at least not when I'm doing food for an event, so what seems lavish to others, seems pretty normal to me.

Unbelievably, I was worried there wouldn't be enough brownies for everyone, yet with all the sugar in the ganache, there were surprisingly a few pieces left.  At least, there were a few left before we went to bed, but I have no idea how many were left by Sunday afternoon when Husband and I drove back home.  This year seems to be on a good note as I still have the 21st up and coming in December.  And with the guests there, I might just be getting more requests for cakes.  One can always dream, and I prefer to dream of cakes.  Now if only my dreams would co-operate at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment