Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 October 2017

Breakfast Menu Launched

So a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that everyone needs to keep an eye on what we're doing at Tiffany's as things are going to change and become more interesting.  That day has finally arrived.  Tiffany's doesn't only do baked treats to tease and tantalise, but we've now begun a breakfast menu.  My hope is for this to only be the first one of a number of breakfasts in the future that we'll be offering.

Yoghurt & Berry Bowl
My Facebook Sister (the one that gave me the name of Tiffany) came over for breakfast quite a while ago and the topic of hosting breakfasts came up that day.  This was the second time Husband and I had them over for breakfast, and each time I tend to pull out the stops.  Since then I have been playing with the idea, and on the 17th of September, Graphix and Sculpty came over for breakfast to help me decide if I should continue with the menu I compiled.

Baked Oats with Raisins and Cream
Firstly I need to ask, why should breakfast be a one plate affair?  In history we can see the French had a dinner menu of about 16 courses.  Talk about a long meal.  Even today, the typical French dinner can be 5 courses long.  Granted, they do tend to eat a salad as a course on its own, but why not break down a meal in multiple courses and experience a wider variety of food in one sitting?

Spinach Roulade with Sausage Fry
This is what I've attempted in compiling this menu.  Instead of keeping it boring, I've gone the opposite route to give a variety of food.  Smooth yoghurt, crunchy baked oats, flavourful and savoury meat, and sweet muffins.  Does that sound good?  If I look at the faces of our guests, you bet your ass it is.  My main concern was what to charge for the meal.  Even though it can be cheap going for breakfast at a typical chain restaurant, I still put in time and effort, and I do not obtain everything premade.

Chai Latte Muffin with Spiced Cream
Now I'm not saying that all restaurants get everything premade, but with a bigger team it is a lot easier.  Where you would have 3-6 people in a restaurant working together, I have to do everything on my own.  Even so, I think I've pulled together a rather interesting menu for going at it solo.  And yes, this meal is available for the public.

With renovations (hopefully) starting at our house soon, it could get difficult to entertain people at our place, at least for a while.  If bookings are made before then, I could see my way to hosting the breakfast at our place.  I do however offer the option of traveling to the client's home for the breakfast.  If needed I'm willing to bring cutlery and crockery.  Obviously I will charge for traveling, but the meal per person will be R135.  Due to preparation issues, the numbers I would cook for are either 4, 6 or 8.  Should you require a different amount charges will be made round up to the next servings offered.

In time, I hope to develop menus that could be offered to other numbers of clients, but for now, this is the only one in my repertoire.




No comments:

Post a Comment