Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Remember the Pyramids?

Five Flavours in Five Shapes
Chocolate... I could just swim in it and drink liters of the stuff.  I honestly get the movie Chocolat.  Stuff church and lent and everything that prohibits pleasure.  I'd also be the lead woman of that movie and pedal my chocolate to the village.  Guess that's what I'm currently doing to Cape Town.  The Aztecs knew what they were doing when they began having it.  But back to my kitchen, I found new chocolate moulds in a variety of shapes, so I can finally release my chocolate range.  And here they are.


Instead of having all look the same and having a surprise when you open the pyramids, of which there are photos in my previous blog, now each is an individual.  There had to be a few tweaks with the new sizes, but I think they came out beautifully.  Husband's favourite is of course the mint leaves.  He has a thing for mint for those that didn't know.  Back when we could still scoff a slab in a sitting (okay I admit, we still can but we choose not to), his favourite was Peppermint Crisp.

Mint Leaves
I also have a fondness for mint, but my favourite would be the Butter Vanilla and Rum shells.  I like the flavour of rum and raisin, but for some reason it didn't work for me when I add the Butter Vanilla to the mix.  I considered for a while scrapping the Butter Vanilla, but the flavour went so well with the white chocolate, I had to find a way to keep it.  The result:  leave out the raisins.  Buttered Rum is a typical drink in America over Christmas, so I thought I'd try it in a chocolate form, and what a success it turned out to be.

Butter Vanilla and Rum
But instead of my extolling the quirks of each chocolate I made, I challenge you to pick up a packet of your own and sampling them.  I would love to know what people think of the flavours and if I should change/add/drop anything.

Below is our new menu, the one including the chocolates.  Feel free to share it with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment