Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 September 2017

From Growing Up to First Steps

Order #1 to Courier to Mpumalanga
I know a child has to take its first steps before it can grow up, but in this instance Tiffany's first steps are the two biggish orders I had to deal with this weekend.  I find it amazing how after a single week of operating, I already have 2 big orders.  Not only that, the support at work (my day job) has been amazing.  I never expected things to take off this well, so quickly, but the orders speak for themselves.  Now were only waiting on a few possible big contracts.





Order #2 Collected Yesterday.
The only bit of disappointment I had over the weekend was that I couldn't obtain more chocolate pyramid moulds.  The reason I needed more is that it takes way too long to use one mould for a variety of 5 different flavours of chocolate.  Even though I was unable to obtain more, I did manage to find a few different moulds, so within the next week or two a selection of chocolates will also join our growing menu.
Selection of 5 flavours

The New Business Card
Another highlight is the bulk amount of spices Husband brought home from his shopping excursions.  I will be honest and say I really go through a lot of spices for our Speculaas biscuits, and with two other ideas for recipe items that would also need spices, the bulk amounts are so worthwhile.  On that topic, I would love to know if people would be interested in single sachets of Chai Mix.  It is an idea I have been playing with to blend my own Masalla Chai mix with loose leaf tea and produce them in single servings that only needs to be added to a pot of milk & water for the perfect cup.  This would of course be the same mix that one of our Hindu friends that grew up drinking Chai approved of.

In between all of the work, and support from Husband, I even managed to design my business card, with the assistance of Graphix of course.  Between Graphix and Husband, I am well covered when it comes to designing and support.  I think I've finally gotten to a point where I can relax slightly as most of the hard designing and recipe testing is over.  At least for now.  Then again, with no other designing, maybe it is time for a new recipe.  I guess we'll have to see what develops in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment