Search This Blog

Monday 2 January 2017

Dark Hazel Chocolate

I have to admit something.  I Hate, with a capital H, bad coffee and tea.  There is such an amazing world out there filled with wonderful beans and leaves that I almost want to burst into tears when I get served a cup of dishwater.  Thank heavens all my friends and colleagues feel the same way, and if you ever visit my office, the receptionist simply HAS to make you a cup of coffee.

My husband and I have a tradition that came into being because of myself.  On weekends (as I have the time then) we start the morning with coffee made from freshly ground coffee beans.  The beans we usually stock are:  Hazelnut, Kahlua and Vanilla.  These beans we buy at Peacock, then our normal unflavoured bean is from Ferndale, the German Emporium.  Dark roast of course as that's the best for a good espresso.

Now, as I mentioned in my about me profile, I wanted my first blog to be about Turkish Tea, as I'm getting a Turkish Tea Pot.  Alas, it still hasn't arrived, so that blog will be shelved for a while.  Instead, I decided on a Hazelnut Mocha Hot Chocolate for today.  As for any good cup of coffee I started with a good quality coffee, and what better espresso than that made in an Italian Mocha Pot (thanks for the pot Dad).  I've yet to find a better way to brew a strong coffee.


This link will lead to the recipe page of this divine drink.  It delivered a very good dark and slightly bitter brew.  Imagine drinking a 70% Cacao Lindt slab, and you'll have an idea how good this stuff is.  And guess what?  The husband LOVED it.

And what did I do with the leftover coffee?  The only thing you can do with such a good coffee, drink it of course, while waiting for the mixture to heat up.

2 comments: